Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Quick Update

Just a quick update on life:

1) Last week I wrote my first substantial report, IN SPANISH. I don't know how well I did, my Maria and Morris told me it was good. Definitely a confidence booster. :)

2) Last weekend, I was with my family at our extended family's house. We were just sitting around the dinner table talking after we ate, and mid conversation I said (how terrible) "Que terrible!" But apparently I said with a "Cuencan" accent, because the entire table exploded into a roar of laughter! They then proceeded to grill me with questions trying to get me to say other things in that accent...It was pretty entertaining, but I will confess, I have picked up their pronounciation of the double "r." RRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

3) Last weekend Skip Trudeu and Chris Bennett (super important administration guys from Taylor) came down for a visit. We didn't see them much, but they did take us out to eat (guinea pig!). I like when people from Taylor come, they always buy us food and make us talk about how much fun were having!

4) This weekend I also worked hard core on my project for physiology. We all made big presentations on separte subjects (in English...). My topic was high altitude physiology. Pretty interesting...espeically since we're pretty high up here...

5) I'm pretty much done with all bid assignments for physiology!

6) I continue to have such wonderfully deep and uplifting conversations with my fellow students and host mom! I'm so thankful for these people...

7) The church's foundation is having a brigade this week with a medical team of people from all over the states. We've spent the mornings and afternoons before in between classes there helping translate and observing the doctors. Highlight so far: I saw a GIANT uterus in a bucket (after a hysterectomy was done)...it was pretty cool.

8) Ummm if there's more, I'll think of it later, but I'm getting really excited to see everyone and to come home for the summerrr!

9) I love you.

No comments: