Thursday, March 13, 2008

Excited about LIFE!

I am really excited about life right now! We're done with our physiology final (it was a beast, but its over), and we only have one spanish class (we have a test today) until we leave for the Galapagos! Actually, we're spending 2 days in Quito and then 4 days in Galapagos. I can't wait! Also, Maria (my host mom) and I have been having so many good conversations and "heart-to-heart" moments which is a HUGE answer to prayer, as I mentioned she was a little slow-warm-up at first. I am also feeling more at home with the rest of my family as well. I pumped now that I don't have to study like every night like a maniac (since we're done with the first part of physiology) and I can actually hang out with them more on a daily basis!
In other news, I am on track to getting healthy again! Maria took me to the doctor the other day and I guess I did in fact have a sinus infection. So I have antibiotics now and am feeling almost 100% today!
Another answer to prayer is the responses of several U.S. doctors about my host-sister's (Carolina's) small tumor. They all say that it is too small to operate on and that taking synthetic growth hormones could just do the trick. Yesterday, I had to help translate some emails from doctors so my family knew exactly what they were saying.
So, I think that is all before I'm off! Look forward to an exciting report of my upcoming travels! Vaya con Dios!
Linds

1 comment:

Man Dan said...

Hello Lindsay!
And a happy Easter weekend to you. I had lost track of you when you fled the country, but Anne gave me the address of this blog, so now I have shared in your experiences. Thanks for putting tyour thoughts out here. I'm pleased your Spanish skills are improving and now you can really get to know the people. I know you'll represent Gringos well (and we better ambassadors!). I wish I had become fluent in German or Spanish as a younger man, but maybe I can do it as an old one!
I hope you enjoyed Galopogas, and I'll be interested to know your thoughts on it.
Love and good health to you,
Dan (and Kathy) Kvinge

P.S. Spring snowstorm this weekend made everything beautiful here, but it will be fleeting with temps above freezing.